1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel standing at the pinnacle of cooking! Sheath is sold separately.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The core is Takefu VG-1 Gold high carbon stainless steel (HRC 60-62) produced in Fukui, Japan. The Warikomi construction gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using a Syosaku Vegetable (Nakiri) Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. VEGETABLE SPECIALIST - The ultra sharp straight blade edge is designed to make a full contact with your cutting surface. It helps you to cut vegetables without sticking together like a thread. You can effortlessly slice delicate vegetables paper-thin, or quickly chop through hearty crisp vegetables. The wider blade is convenient for scooping them up for transfer after chopping. It is double-edged, so it doesn't matter if you are right-handed or left-handed. Do not use on granite countertops.
4. DURABILITY AND EASE OF USE - The VG-1 Gold core Warikomi structure is stain & corrosion resistant. The premium Mahogany wood used for the handle is water-resistant and non-slip. You don't have to worry when it is left wet during its use (recommended to wash and dry after the use). The handle is triple riveted to the full tang, which gives exceptional strength & durability. The ergonomically designed handle and perfectly balanced construction make you comfortable even for a long time use.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - A simple and elegant design makes your cooking more enjoyable. An elegant Mahogany handle adds more visual accents. It brings refinement and style to any modern kitchen. It is a perfect gift for your loved ones too. If you don't like our Syosaku Vegetable (Nakiri) Knife, please return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
Can be left wet during use, but don't leave it in water for a long time. Hand wash after the use with mild detergent, rinse, and dry with a kitchen towel. Doesn't have to be oiled often, if regularly used. If occasional rust spots happen to appear, use knife maintenance oil with a rust eraser. Dishwasher might damage the blade. Sharpen regularly with quality whetstones. Honing steels are not recommended as they can damage the edge.
Blade runner: The Nakiri is the Japanese knife you want for vegetables
My Syosaku-Japan Nakiri knife is a true joy to use, and my go-to knife whenever I have any vegetables or meat to slice. Its razor-sharp edge and perfect balance in my hand makes slicing and dicing FUN -- it's the best way to describe the experience having such a fine tool to use in my cooking!