1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel standing at the pinnacle of cooking! Sheath is sold separately.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The special Japanese steel, Yasuki Shiroko (White Steel) #2 with high carbon content (1.1~1.2%) is forged with soft iron to make Awase construction (HRC 62-63). It gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using the Syosaku Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. VEGETABLE SPECIALIST - The ultra sharp straight blade edge is designed to make a full contact with your cutting surface. It helps you to cut vegetables without sticking together like a thread. You can effortlessly slice delicate vegetables paper-thin. The wider blade is convenient for scooping them up for transfer after chopping. The blade is made according to the Japanese tradition, with Shinogi on the front side and Urasuki on the back. Single edged for right handers.
4. MAINTENANCE AND CAUTIONS - The knife is recommended only for chefs with proper knowledge of usage and maintenance. The blade is not stainless. The stain doesn't affect the performance or the food you cut. To minimize the stain, wash with mild detergent and dry well after the use. Apply some oil before storage. Hand wash only. Avoid cutting through large bones of chicken and meat. If properly sharpened on quality whetstones, the unbelievable sharpness lasts for years to come.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - The premium Kasumi appearance (hazy finish) resulting from special forging and polishing is stunning. The beauty of the blade and traditionally handcrafted D-shape Magnolia wood handle with a Water Buffalo horn bolster makes your cooking more enjoyable. It brings refinement and style to any modern kitchen. It's a perfect gift for your loved ones too. If you don't like our Syosaku Knife, please return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
- Total length: 12 inches
- Weight: 0.3 pound
- Blade length: 6.5 inches
- Width at widest heel: 2 inches
- Bevel: Single beveled (right-handed)
- Rockwell hardness: 62-63
- Handle fixing: Traditional Japanese style.
A Sushi Vegetable Chef Knife (Edo Usuba) with a thick paper blade cover in a fancy box.
- Only recommended for chefs with proper knowledge of usage and maintenance.
- The blade is not stainless.
- The stain doesn't affect the performance of the knife or the food you cut.
- To minimize the stain, hand wash with mild detergent and dry well after the use.
- Apply some oil before storage.
- If properly maintained and sharpened on quality whetstones, the unbelievable sharpness lasts for years to come.