1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass-produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel standing at the pinnacle of cooking! The sheath is sold separately.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The core is Takefu VG-10 high carbon stainless steel (HRC 60-62) produced in Fukui, Japan. Combined with 16 layer clad Damascus construction, it gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using a Syosaku Sujihiki Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. INTEGRITY - Must have for your table side while enjoying meals on special occasions. The ultra-sharp edge carves a roast chicken straight from the oven, or filets of fish with the cleanest cut. Not a slightest damage on the food, share unparalleled integrity with your guests and loved ones. It is double-edged, so it doesn't matter if you are right-handed or left-handed. To avoid a chip in a blade, don't chop hard stuff like bones, nutshells, and frozen foods. Do not use on granite countertops.
4. DURABILITY AND EASE OF USE - Both the VG-10 core and outer Damascus steel are stain & corrosion resistant. The premium Mahogany wood used for the handle is water-resistant and non-slip. You don't have to worry when it is left wet during its use (recommended to wash and dry after use). The handle is triple riveted to the full tang, which gives exceptional strength & durability. The ergonomically designed handle and perfectly balanced construction make you comfortable even for long-time use.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - An exquisite outer steel not only eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking to the blade, but also the beauty makes your cooking more enjoyable. An elegant Mahogany handle adds more visual accents. It brings refinement and style to any modern kitchen. Impress your guests with its stunning beauty. It is a perfect gift for your loved one, too. If you don't like our Syosaku Chef Knife, please return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
Can be left wet during use, but don't leave it in water for a long time. Hand wash after use with mild detergent, rinse, and dry with a kitchen towel. Doesn't have to be oiled often, if regularly used. If occasional rust spots happen to appear, use knife maintenance oil with a rust eraser. Dishwasher might damage the blade. Sharpen regularly with quality whetstones. Honing steels are not recommended as they can damage the edge.
Total length: 15 inches (362mm)
Weight: 0.4 pounds (190g)
Blade length: 9.5 inches (240mm)
Width at widest heel: 1.5 inches (37mm)
Bevel: Both-sided 50/50
Rockwell hardness: 60-62
Finishing: Hammered finish
Handle fixing: 2 types with no practical differences. One shows metal on the bottom part of the handle, the other not. Both triple riveted to the full tang with the same performances and durability.
A Sujihiki (Slicer) Knife with a clear plastic blade cover in a fancy box.