1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass-produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel standing at the pinnacle of cooking! The sheath is sold separately.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The core is the newly developed high carbon stainless steel ZA18 (HRC 62-63) produced in Japan, which is extremely durable. Combined with 69 layer clad Damascus construction, it gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using a Syosaku Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. VERSATILITY - Ideal for everyday chef handling daily kitchen tasks, whether professional or non-professional. Ultra-sharp medium size blade can be used as a smaller chef's knife or a larger paring knife. You can do any cutting tasks with one knife. You can use it as a sushi knife too. It is double-edged, so it doesn't matter if you are right-handed or left-handed. To avoid a chip in a blade, don't chop hard stuff like bones, nutshells, and frozen foods. Do not use on granite countertops.
4. DURABILITY AND EASE OF USE - The high chromium content of the ZA18 alloy combined with the outer Damascus steel realizes extreme stain & corrosion resistance. The material used for the handle is taken from center core of Walnut tree, which is water-resistant and non-slip. You don't have to worry when it's left wet during use (recommended to wash and dry after the use). The ergonomically designed Octagonal handle and perfectly balanced construction make you comfortable even for long-time use.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - An exquisite outer steel not only eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking, but also the beauty makes your cooking more enjoyable. The Japanese-style Walnut wood handle with a beautiful Water Buffalo Horn bolster (color may vary) adds more visual accents. Impress your guests with its stunning beauty. It is a perfect gift for your loved ones too. If you don't like our Syosaku Knife, please return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
High carbon content combined with special production techniques gives exceptional hardness (HRC 62-63) to the core. The hardness allows the thinner blade edge, resulting in razor sharpness. High chromium content and other alloy components realize extreme stain & corrosion resistance. The hard ZA18 is clad in softer stainless steel. This gives the blade an added toughness and durability, as well as stunning Damascus beauty. Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where the master craftsmanship has been handed down from generation to generation for centuries.
Can be left wet during use, but don't leave it in water for a long time. Hand wash after use with mild detergent, rinse, and dry with a kitchen towel. Doesn't have to be oiled often, if regularly used. If occasional rust spots happen to appear, use knife maintenance oil with a rust eraser. Dishwasher might damage the blade. Sharpen regularly with quality whetstones. Honing steels are not recommended as they can damage the edge.
Total length: 11.5 inches (285mm)
Weight: 0.2 pound (70g)
Blade length: 6 inches (150mm)
Width at widest heel: 1.2 inches (30mm)
Bevel: Both-sided 50/50
Rockwell hardness: 62-63
Finishing: Damascus finish
Handle fixing: Octagonal Walnut wood handle with a Water Buffalo Horn bolster (color may vary)
A Petty Knife with a clear plastic blade cover in a fancy box.
Let me start by saying that this knife really is gorgeous. The Damascus looks amazing, and produces the typical, often unbeatable sharpness to the edge. The Japanese characters etched on the blade are a nice touch too! It really adds a classy kind of look and style to it. The knife is small, 6, so I only use it for the smaller things I need to cut up, but it handles everything really great!The handle is walnut, and its octagonal shape makes it pretty, but its not the most comfortable fit for my hand, which Im sure is mostly a preference thing! It is super lightweight, but balanced perfectly, so no complaints there!
Wow! Very lightweight
This knife is everything! I really enjoy using it, I use it for everything small.It's extremely lightweight, 65 grams to be exact. It seriously feels like nothing. The design on the blade is gorgeous and the signature on the blade is deeply engraved, super unique.
Super sharp and light.
This Syosaku Petty Knife comes packaged in a simple box, with a Japanese instruction sheet. I asked my Japanese friend to translate for me and the instructions are pretty standard... don't put the knife in the dishwasher, sharpen it on a wet stone, etc.The knife itself is very nicely made. The blade is beautiful with the damascus finish and etched Japanese characters. The handle is finished in a matte wood with a dark stain towards the blade. The handle is comfortable to hold and the matte finish on the wood makes it easy to grip with wet hands.Compared to my Wusthof knife this Japanese knife is much lighter. That's neither good or bad, it just is. The knife is perfectly balanced in the center.The knife is super sharp. It makes easy work of everything I threw at it. It's a pleasure to use.I wash the knife by hand as soon as I finish using it and it comes out perfectly.All in all... a great knife.
Highly agile; exotic; perhaps overpriced
This knife is beautiful, mostly. The handle is super light, hollow I suspect, but seems to be genuine wood. The finish is quite exotic with walnut and buffalo horn. I love the octagonal finish it's not as bulky as I thought it might be.Typically I prefer a knife with a tapered bolster. With the light weight of the blade and the handle, and the good balance, this knife is highly agile and an excellent utility length at 6". I quite like it fantastic for light duty jobs, and pretty to look at. It's also incredibly sharp and cuts superbly. Nice blade and nice handle. Feels great, functions well and may possibly become well used in my kitchen.