1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel standing at the pinnacle of cooking! Sheath is sold separately.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The core is Takefu VG-1 Gold high carbon stainless steel (HRC 60-62) produced in Fukui, Japan. The Warikomi construction gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using a Syosaku Gyutou (Chef's) Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. VERSATILITY - Ideal for home or entry level chef handling daily kitchen tasks. You can cut, dice, slice, mince and chop with one knife. You can cut meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, and more. You can use it as a sushi knife too. It is double-edged, so it doesn't matter if you are right-handed or left-handed. To avoid a chip in a blade, don't chop hard stuff like bones, nutshells, and frozen foods. Do not use on granite countertops.
4. DURABILITY AND EASE OF USE - The VG-1 Gold core Warikomi structure is stain & corrosion resistant. The premium Mahogany wood used for the handle is water-resistant and non-slip. You don't have to worry when it is left wet during its use (recommended to wash and dry after use). The handle is triple riveted to the full tang, which gives exceptional strength & durability. The ergonomically designed handle and perfectly balanced construction make you comfortable even for a long time use.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - A simple and elegant design makes your cooking more enjoyable. An elegant Mahogany handle adds more visual accents. It brings refinement and style to any modern kitchen. It is a perfect gift for your loved ones too. If you don't like our Syosaku Chef's Knife, please return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
Can be left wet during use, but don't leave it in water for a long time. Hand wash after the use with mild detergent, rinse, and dry with a kitchen towel. Doesn't have to be oiled often, if regularly used. If occasional rust spots happen to appear, use knife maintenance oil with a rust eraser. Dishwasher might damage the blade. Sharpen regularly with quality whetstones. Honing steels are not recommended as they can damage the edge.
Total length: 12.5 inches (307mm)
Weight: 0.4 pounds (170g)
Blade length: 7 inches (180mm)
Width at widest heel: 2 inches (44mm)
Bevel: Both-sided 50/50
Rockwell hardness: 60-62
Finishing: Warikomi construction
Handle fixing: Triple riveted full tang
A Gyutou (Chef's) Knife in a fancy box.
Not crazy about the single side sharpening, but only because I am left handed. Beautiful piece of work and craft.
The knife is such a work of art. I love the engraved signature, it's really unique. The handle is ergonomic, I have many knives but I always find myself going for this one. It's perfect size to do most jobs, it quickly became my daily driver. The blade's really sharp and because of the design, it's easy to sharpen.
I have had a high-end professional carbon steel chefs knife for decades. I never thought I would find another knife of that quality that I liked as well. I use that knife for just about everything from slicing meat to chopping vegetables. It is a really big chefs knife, but effective.This one is smaller. I really like the smaller size. The blade is fantastic. Well-weighted knife. Comfortable to hold and use.I think this knife has taken first place in my kitchen and knocked out the reigning king. This is a really comfortable and effective knife for just about any kitchen task you throw at it. I just peeled and chopped ginger with it. Made quick work of the task. Very happy with this knife. I can easily recommend it for any kitchen.
Made in Japan.
Many knives say German or Japanese in the title, but most of them come from China. This knife is actually made in Japan and is a very high quality. It is THIN and razor sharp. They didnt waste a bunch of money on packaging, it went into the product. Very happy with this knife. It slices through everything without smashing.
The handle isnt excessively weighted and it causes no fatigue. Happy with this item.
I hope my review was helpful to you.
As sharp a knife as I have ever owned. Beautifully crafted. Worth every penny. I am so often disappointed with online purchased knives-not this one. Its a keeper.