1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass-produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel like standing at the pinnacle of cooking! The sheath is sold separately.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The core is Yasuki Aoko(Blue Steel)-No.2 high carbon steel (HRC 62-63), which is sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel by the traditional Warikomi method. It gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using a Syosaku Gyutou (Chef's) Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. VERSATILITY - Ideal not only for experienced and professional chefs, but also those aiming for higher level. You can cut, dice, slice, mince and chop with one knife. You can cut meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, and more. You can use it as a sushi knife too. It is double-edged, so it doesn't matter if you are right-handed or left-handed. To avoid a chip in a blade, don't chop hard stuff like bones, nutshells, and frozen foods. Do not use on granite countertops.
4. DURABILITY AND MAINTENANCE - The handle is triple riveted to the full tang, which gives exceptional strength & durability. It's water-resistant and non-slip. The ergonomically designed handle and perfectly balanced construction make you comfortable. The high carbon steel of the core is not stainless. The stain doesn't affect the performance or the food you cut. You can minimize the stain by drying the blade well and applying some oil before storage. A rust eraser can remove most of it.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - An exquisite hammered outer steel not only eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking to the blade, but also the beauty makes your cooking more enjoyable. A premium Black Pakkawood handle is an expression of sturdiness. The knife brings refinement and style to any modern kitchen. It is a perfect gift for your loved ones too. If you don't like our Syosaku Gyutou (Chef's) Knife, please return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
The high carbon steel of the core is not stainless. The stain doesn't affect the performance of the knife, or the food you cut. You can minimize the stain by drying the blade well and applying knife maintenance oil before storage. You can remove most of the stain by a rust eraser. The dishwasher might damage the blade. Sharpen regularly with quality whetstones. Honing steels are not recommended as they can damage the edge.
Total length: 13.5 inches (325mm)
Weight: 0.4 pound (175g)
Blade length: 8 inches (200mm)
Width at widest heel: 2 inches (45mm)
Bevel: Both-sided 50/50
Rockwell hardness: 62-63
Handle fixing: Triple riveted full tang
A Gyutou (Chef's) knife with a clear plastic blade cover in a fancy box.
It is light, easy to use, holds an edge and it is all that is promised.
Beautifully made and wicked sharp out of the box. Most knives of this quality are $200 plus. If you've never used a hand made Japanese chef knife before be careful. It's and 8 inch scalpel
Knife is ok for home use!