1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel standing at the pinnacle of cooking! The sheath is sold separately.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The core is the newly developed high carbon stainless steel ZA18 (HRC 62-63) produced in Japan, which is extremely durable. Combined with 69 layer clad Damascus construction, it gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using a Syosaku Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. VERSATILITY - Ideal for everyday chefs handling daily kitchen tasks, whether professional or non-professional. You can cut, dice, slice, mince, and chop with one knife. You can cut meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, and more. You can use it as a sushi knife too. It is double-edged, so it doesn't matter if you are right-handed or left-handed. To avoid a chip in a blade, don't chop hard stuff like bones, nutshells, and frozen foods. Do not use on granite countertops.
4. DURABILITY AND EASE OF USE - The high chromium content of the ZA18 alloy combined with the outer Damascus steel realizes extreme stain & corrosion resistance. The material used for the handle is taken from center core of Walnut tree, which is water-resistant and non-slip. You don't have to worry when it's left wet during use (recommended to wash and dry after the use). The ergonomically designed Octagonal handle and perfectly balanced construction make you comfortable even for long-time use.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - An exquisite outer steel not only eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking, but also the beauty makes your cooking more enjoyable. The Japanese-style Walnut wood handle with a beautiful Water Buffalo Horn bolster (color may vary) adds more visual accents. Impress your guests with its stunning beauty. It is a perfect gift for your loved ones too. If you don't like our Syosaku Knife, please return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
High carbon content combined with special production techniques gives exceptional hardness (HRC 62-63) to the core. The hardness allows the thinner blade edge, resulting in razor sharpness. High chromium content and other alloy components realize extreme stain & corrosion resistance. The hard ZA18 is clad in softer stainless steel. This gives the blade an added toughness and durability, as well as stunning Damascus beauty. Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where the master craftsmanship has been handed down from generation to generation for centuries.
Can be left wet during use, but don't leave it in water for a long time. Hand wash after the use with mild detergent, rinse, and dry with a kitchen towel. Doesn't have to be oiled often, if regularly used. If occasional rust spots happen to appear, use knife maintenance oil with a rust eraser. Dishwasher might damage the blade. Sharpen regularly with quality whetstones. Honing steels are not recommended as they can damage the edge.
Total length: 16 inches (397mm)
Weight: 0.4 pound (160g)
Blade length: 9.5 inches (240mm)
Width at widest heel: 2 inches (52mm)
Bevel: Both-sided 50/50
Rockwell hardness: 62-63
Finishing: Damascus finish
Handle fixing: Octagonal Walnut wood handle with a Water Buffalo Horn bolster (color may vary)
A Chef's Knife (Gyuto) with a clear plastic blade cover in a fancy box.
The knife is ultra-sharp, and easy to maintain. The handle fits in the hand perfectly. Above all, it looks so cool!