1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel standing at the pinnacle of cooking! Sheath is sold separately.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The core is Takefu VG-10 high carbon stainless steel (HRC 60-62) produced in Fukui Japan. Combined with 16 layer clad Damascus construction, it gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using a Syosaku Gyutou (Chef’s) Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. VERSATILITY - Ideal for everyday chef handling daily kitchen tasks, whether professional or nonprofessional. You can cut, dice, slice, mince and chop with one knife. You can cut meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, and more. You can use it as a sushi knife, too. It’s double-edged, so doesn’t matter if you are right handed or left handed. To avoid a chip in a blade, don’t chop hard stuff like bones, nutshells, and frozen foods. Do not use on granite countertops.
4. DURABILITY AND EASE OF USE - Both the VG-10 core and outer damascus steel are stain & corrosion resistant. The premium Mahogany wood used for the handle is water-resistant and non-slip. You don’t have to worry when it is left wet during its use (recommended to wash and dry after the use). The handle is triple riveted to the full tang, which gives exceptional strength & durability. The ergonomically designed handle and perfectly balanced construction make you comfortable even for a long time use.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - An exquisite outer steel not only eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking to the blade, but also the beauty makes your cooking more enjoyable. An elegant Mahogany handle adds more visual accents. It brings refinement and style to any modern kitchen. Impress your guests with the stunning beauty. It’s a perfect gift for your loved one, too. If you don't love our Syosaku Chef Knife, please return within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
High carbon content (1%) combined with special production techniques give exceptional hardness (HRC 60-62) to the core. The hardness allows the thinner blade edge, resulting in razor sharpness. High chromium content (15%) and other alloy components make it stainless.
The hard VG-10 is clad in softer stainless steel. This gives the blade an added toughness and durability, as well as stunning Damascus beauty.
Handcrafted in Sakai Japan, where the master craftsmanship has been handed down generation to generation for centuries.
- Total length: 15 inches
- Weight: 0.6 pound
- Blade length: 9.5 inches
- Width at widest heel: 2 inches
- Bevel: Both-sided 50/50
- Rockwell hardness: 60-62
- Finishing: Hammered finish
- Handle fixing: 2 types with no practical differences. One shows metal on the bottom part of handle, the other not. Both triple riveted to the full tang with the same performances and durability.
A gyutou (chef's) knife with a clear plastic blade cover in a fancy box.
Can be left wet during use, but don't leave it in water for a long time. Hand wash after the use with mild detergent, rinse, and dry with a kitchen towel. Doesn't have to be oiled often, if regularly used. If occasional rust spots happen to appear, use knife maintenance oil with a rust eraser. Dishwasher might damage the blade. Sharpen regularly with quality whetstones. Honing steels are not recommended as they can damage the edge.
- Import duties, taxes, shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in USA.
- There is no extra cost for customers in USA.
- Shipping is with tracking number.