1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel standing at the pinnacle of cooking! Comes with a Magnolia Wood sheath with an ebony pin.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The core is
Yasuki Aoko(Blue Steel)-No.2 high carbon steel (HRC 62-63), which is sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel by the traditional Warikomi method. It gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using a Syosaku Gyutou (Chef’s) Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. VERSATILITY - Ideal not only for experienced and professional chefs, but also those aiming for higher level. You can cut, dice, slice, mince and chop with one knife. You can cut meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, and more. You can use it as a sushi knife, too. It’s double-edged, so doesn’t matter if you are right handed or left handed. To avoid a chip in a blade, don’t chop hard stuff like bones, nutshells, and frozen foods. Do not use on granite countertops.
4. DURABILITY AND MAINTENANCE - The handle is triple riveted to the full tang, which gives exceptional strength & durability. It’s water-resistant and non-slip. The ergonomically designed handle and perfectly balanced construction make you comfortable. The high carbon steel of the core is not stainless. The stain doesn’t affect the performance or the food you cut. You can minimize the stain by drying the blade well and applying some oil before storage. A rust eraser can remove most of it.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - An exquisite hammered outer steel not only eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking to the blade, but also the beauty makes your cooking more enjoyable. A premium Black Pakkawood handle is an expression of sturdiness. The knife brings refinement and style to any modern kitchen. It’s a perfect gift for your loved one, too. If you don't love our Syosaku Gyutou (Chef’s) Knife, please return within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
Minimal impurities and high carbon content (1.1%) combined with special production techniques give exceptional hardness (HRC 62-63) to the core. The hardness allows the ultra thin blade edge, resulting in razor sharpness.
The hard Aoko(Blue Steel)-No.2 is clad in softer stainless steel. This gives the blade an added toughness and durability.
Handcrafted in Sakai Japan, where the master craftsmanship has been handed down generation to generation for centuries.
- Total length: 13.5 inches
- Weight: 0.4 pound
- Blade length: 8 inches
- Width at widest heel: 2 inches
- Bevel: Both-sided 50/50
- Rockwell hardness: 62-63
- Handle fixing: Triple riveted full tang
A Gyutou (Chef's) knife and a Magnolia Wood sheath with an ebony pin with a clear plastic blade cover in a fancy box.
The high carbon steel of the core is not stainless. The stain doesn't affect the performance of the knife, or the food you cut. You can minimize the stain by drying the blade well and applying knife maintenance oil before storage. You can remove most of the stain by a rust eraser.
Dishwasher might damage the blade. Sharpen regularly with quality whetstones. Honing steels are not recommended as they can damage the edge.
BUY NOW RISK-FREE
Simply click "Add to Cart# button before the limited stock is sold out.
If you don't love Syosaku, you can return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
- Import duties, taxes, shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in USA.
- There is no extra cost for customers in USA.
- Shipping is with tracking number.