1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass-produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel standing at the pinnacle of cooking! The sheath is sold separately.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The core is Takefu VG-10 high carbon stainless steel (HRC 60-62) produced in Fukui, Japan. Combined with 16 layer clad Damascus construction, it gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using a Syosaku Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. VEGETABLE SPECIALIST - The ultra-sharp straight blade edge is designed to make full contact with your cutting surface. It helps you to cut vegetables without sticking them together like a thread. You can effortlessly slice delicate vegetable paper-thin, or quickly chop through hearty crisp vegetables. The wider blade is convenient for scooping them up for transfer after chopping. It is double-edged, so it doesn't matter if you are right-handed or left-handed. Do not use on granite countertops.
4. DURABILITY AND EASE OF USE - The VG-10 core and outer Damascus steel are stain & corrosion resistant. The premium Black Pakkawood used for the handle is water-resistant and non-slip. You don't have to worry when it is left wet during its use (recommended to wash and dry after use). The handle is triple riveted to the full tang, which gives exceptional strength & durability. The ergonomically designed handle and perfectly balanced construction make you comfortable even for a long time use.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - An exquisite combination of Damascus construction and Shaded polishing results in unprecedented beauty. It makes your cooking more enjoyable. An elegant Black Pakkawood handle adds more visual accents. It brings refinement and style to any modern kitchen. Impress your guests with its stunning beauty. It is a perfect gift for your loved ones too. If you don't like our Syosaku Chef Knife, please return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
Can be left wet during use, but don't leave it in water for a long time. Hand wash after use with mild detergent, rinse, and dry with a kitchen towel. Doesn't have to be oiled often, if regularly used. If occasional rust spots happen to appear, use knife maintenance oil with a rust eraser. Dishwasher might damage the blade. Sharpen regularly with quality whetstones. Honing steels are not recommended as they can damage the edge.
Total length: 11.5 inches (290mm)
Weight: 0.4 pounds (170g)
Blade length: 6.3 inches (160mm)
Width at widest heel: 2 inches (47mm)
Bevel: Both-sided 50/50
Rockwell hardness: 60-62
Finishing: Shaded polishing
Handle fixing: Triple-riveted to the full tang, with stainless steel bolster
A Vegetable (Nakiri) Knife with a clear plastic blade cover in a fancy box.
The knife is very sharp.