1. MASTER CRAFTSMANSHIP - Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where more than 90% of Japanese professional chef knives are produced. It is produced one at a time manually by highly skilled master artisans. It outperforms industrially mass-produced products from every aspect. The master craftsmanship shines through in every single product. The unparalleled performances make you feel standing at the pinnacle of cooking! The sheath is sold separately.
2. RAZOR SHARPNESS - Ready to use out of the box with ruthless sharpness. The core is Takefu VG-10 high carbon stainless steel (HRC 60-62) produced in Fukui, Japan. Combined with 46 layer clad Damascus construction, it gives exceptional sharpness, edge retention, durability, and ease of sharpening at the same time. You can easily feel your upgraded technique level just by using a Syosaku Knife. Hand wash only and regularly sharpen on quality whetstones.
3. VEGETABLE SPECIALIST - The ultra-sharp straight blade edge is designed to make full contact with your cutting surface. It helps you to cut vegetables without sticking them together like a thread. You can effortlessly slice delicate vegetable paper-thin, or quickly chop through hearty crisp vegetables. The wider blade is convenient for scooping them up for transfer after chopping. It is double-edged, so it doesn't matter if you are right-handed or left-handed. Do not use on granite countertops.
4. DURABILITY AND EASE OF USE - Both the VG-10 core and outer Damascus steel are stain & corrosion resistant. The material used for the handle is taken from center core of Walnut tree, which is water-resistant and non-slip. You don't have to worry when it is left wet during use (recommended to wash and dry after use). The ergonomically designed Octagonal handle and perfectly balanced construction make you comfortable even for a long time use.
5. AESTHETICS AND 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - An exquisite outer steel not only eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking, but also the beauty makes your cooking more enjoyable. The Japanese style Walnut wood handle with a beautiful Water Buffalo Horn bolster (color may vary) adds more visual accents. Impress your guests with its stunning beauty. It is a perfect gift for your loved ones too. If you don't like our Syosaku Knife, please return it within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.
High carbon content (1%) combined with special production techniques give exceptional hardness (HRC 60-62) to the core. The hardness allows the thinner blade edge, resulting in razor sharpness. High chromium content (15%) and other alloy components make it stainless. The hard VG-10 is clad in softer stainless steel. This gives the blade an added toughness and durability, as well as stunning Damascus beauty. Handcrafted in Sakai, Japan, where the master craftsmanship has been handed down from generation to generation for centuries.
Can be left wet during use, but don't leave it in water for a long time. Hand wash after the use with mild detergent, rinse, and dry with a kitchen towel. Doesn't have to be oiled often, if regularly used. If occasional rust spots happen to appear, use knife maintenance oil with a rust eraser. Dishwasher might damage the blade. Sharpen regularly with quality whetstones. Honing steels are not recommended as they can damage the edge.
Total length: 12.5 inches (306mm)
Weight: 0.3 pounds (130g)
Blade length: 6.3 inches (160mm)
Width at widest heel: 2 inches (46mm)
Bevel: Both-sided 50/50
Rockwell hardness: 60-62
Finishing: Hammered finish
Handle fixing: Octagonal Walnut wood handle with a Water Buffalo Horn bolster (color may vary)
A Vegetable (Nakiri) Knife with a clear plastic blade cover in a fancy box.
Great quality knife
So far so good. I just received the Nakiri knife a couple days ago now and it's already my favorite knife. I still haven't needed to sharpen it at all, which is how it should be. The feel is wonderful in my hand and it slices through even the hardest vegetables I used it on (winter squash) like a hot knife through butter.This will definitely be me knife of choice from here out. I was worried initially about the handle and how sturdy it would be; it feels very durable and high quality though.This is the most expensive knife I own now, but would purchase it all over again if I needed to.What an exceptional blade!
The best knife to cut vegetables Ive had.