Shrimp and broccoli are a good combination. Because of nutrition, taste, and color. Both are low in calories, yet rich in nutrition.
Shrimp is a good source of protein. It has a variety of vitamins and minerals, and no
The orange color comes from
It is used for treating many diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Some skin care products use the
Broccoli is also rich in various vitamins and minerals. In addition, it contains high amount of fiber. Some studies show that it helps prevent cancer.
Here’s the recipe.
- Peel the shells from shrimp.
- Sprinkle a spoonful of Sake (Japanese rice wine), a teaspoonful of potato starch, a little bit of salt. Leave it for a while.
- Cut broccoli and king oyster mushroom into bite size pieces.
- Mince Japanese leek and ginger.
- Prepare soup separately with 3.4us
fl oz(100cc) of water, a half of chicken stock cube (0.1 oz= 2.5g), a spoonful of Sake (Japanese rice wine).
- Put a spoonful of sesame oil and (4) in a pan, and stir-fry.
- When they become aromatic, add (2) to the pan.
- When the color of the shrimp changes, add (3). Continue stir-frying for 1-2 minutes.
- Add (5) to (8).
- Cook until the broccoli turns to bright green.
- Season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Dissolve a teaspoonful of potato starch in a spoonful of water.
- Add (12) to (11) for thickening, and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some sesame oil, and ready!
Tip: If you can get “Shirodashi (white soy sauce with
If you have any questions, just send us an email.
We always enjoy helping and discussing with you.
If you like it, share with the buttons at the bottom of the page.
Japanese mom's recipe series 003:
Stir-fried shrimp and